2019 Business Person of the Year – Call for Nominations
The most exciting event of RHBA is soon approaching: the Hispanic Business Person of the Year luncheon gala, where we will recognize the 2019 Hispanic Business Person of the Year.
We need your help identifying a local Hispanic professional, entrepreneur or executive who has enhanced the Hispanic community, and the community at large, with a significant positive contribution, or who has contributed to the economic development and business interests of the community in the Greater Rochester area.
Please consider submitting a nomination. You may know an individual deserving of this recognition.
The award, now on its 30th year, will be presented on Tuesday September 24, 2019 at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
Hispanic Business Person of the Year Past Recipients
- 2018 – Arline Santiago, ESL Federal Credit Union
- 2017 – Eugenio Marlin, Ibero American Development Corp
- 2016 – Mercedes Vazquez Simmons, Pretty Girl Promotions
- 2015 – Zury Brown, El Pilon Criollo
- 2014 – Mauricio Riveros, The Pike Company
- 2013 – Ines Antonetti-Ferrer, Ines’ Casa de Hair
- 2012 – Sergio Esteban, LaBella Associates, P.C.
- 2011 – Dr. Emeterio M. Otero, Monroe Community College
- 2010 – Carlos Carballada, City of Rochester
- 2009 – Jackie Ortiz, State Farm Insurance Agent
- 2008 – Hiram Hernandez, Sr., First Capital Payments
- 2007 – Juan Contreras, Juan & Maria’s Empanada Stop
- 2006 – Fabricio Morales, FM Office Express
- 2005 – Alfred Burgos, Burgos Income Tax Inc.
- 2004 – Larry Fuentes, Superior Interior Systems
- 2003 – Grace Tillinghast, Eastman Kodak Company
- 2002 – Bera Jurado, State Farm Insurance
- 2001- Augustin Melendez, Eastman Kodak Company
- 2000 – Eduardo Navarro, EIC Electronics
- 1999 – Luis Rivera Velez, Rivera Market
- 1998 – Roberto Colangelo, Bausch and Lomb
- 1997 – Flor Colon, Nixon, Hargrave, Devens and Doyle
- 1996 – Jose Coronas, Johnson and Johnson Clinical Diagnostics
- 1995 – Emilio Serrano, Ibero American Investors Corp
- 1994 – Valerio Kuminsky, Pittsford Paving
- 1993 – Peter Colon, Goody Goodies
- 1992 – Armando Santiago, American Recycling and Manufacturing
- 1991 – Ed and Ron Aponte, Bedrock Construction
- 1990 – Dale Gonzalez, Gonzalez Electric
Clicks here to download a nomination form.