These loans are now available in New York State!
Following up on the economic impact that our local, regional and national economy is feeling from the outbreak of Coronavirus COVID-19.
Some good news for everyone to share with businesses looking for Economic Injury Loans through the U.S. Small Business Administration –These loans are now available in New York State!
A fact sheet containing more information is here. Some quick facts:
- These loans come directly from the federal government
- Business can apply for up to $2MM under the program
- The term on these loans is 30 years
- Payments are deferred for the first 12 months
- The interest rate to “for-profit businesses” is 3.75%; for non-profits that qualify it is 2.75%
- Loans up to $25,000 do not require collateral; over $25,000 the SBA prefers real estate but will take other collateral and collateral position does not matter
- Business will not be turned away for inadequate collateral
Additionally, our member business owners should ask their respective banks if they are eligible for a deferment of loan payments. Many banks are offering these options. These programs are intended to provide immediate relief for those feeling the impacts of COVID-19.